Bright By Three
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We and our service providers may collect any information that you provide when you use the Service, including, but not limited to; when you apply to volunteer, donate using our secure donation portal, register for an event or conference, sign up for our email or SMS lists, participate in a survey, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to; name, telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address, physical address, and credit card information. Credit card information used for the purpose of processing donations is not retained or used for other purposes.
Information Automatically Collected From You
We and third parties, including service providers, may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Service, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Service, and the search terms you enter on the Service. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Service, and to improve our services, both online and offline. We and third parties, including service providers, may also collect your information using “cookies,” which are small text files that we send to your computer using your web browser and access when you return, or similar technologies.
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including third parties such as social networks that you use to connect with BB3. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, address or contact information, interests, and other information about your online activity.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- delivering a better experience for you on the Service, such as 1) remembering you when you return to the Websites and providing a personalized experience, 2) delivering notices about changes to the site, improving the form or function of the site, and 3) responding to your inquiries;
- enhancing the value of the Service through data analysis, analyzing current products and services, creating new products and services, and ensuring we remain in compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements;
- providing you with products, services, or information you request.
How We Disclose Information
We may disclose the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- to affiliates and third parties, such as volunteers, that provide services to us in connection with our operations;
- provide de-identified information for reports, funding or program applications, and other documents or presentations related to our operations;
- include donor name and affiliation, with express or implied permission, in reports, events, and other related circumstances;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations or when otherwise requested by law enforcement;
- to service providers, advisors, potential partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another organization.
Information collected through the Service will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States. You understand and agree that we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your information as described in this Policy and according the United States law, even if you are a resident of a different country. Your personal information may be disclosed to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States.
Your information may be retained as long as there is a potential business purpose for said information, as required by law, or as allowed by law.
We have taken administrative, technical, and physical steps designed to safeguard the information collected by the Service. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Service over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
If your contact information changes, if you no longer wish to receive communications from us or to have us share your information with third parties, or if you wish to inquire about the information we have collected about you, please submit a request at the contact information listed below.
Posting to Any Interactive Publicly Viewable Features
Any communication you submit or that may be posted to any publicly viewable interactive feature of the Service such as a blog or testimonial page is a public communication. As such, you acknowledge and understand that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in any content you submit, including submissions that contain your personally identifiable information. While we may remove sensitive information from postings to our Service, we assume no obligation to do so. You acknowledge that if you disclose personally identifiable information in any such material, you do so at your own risk.
The Service is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below. If you provide information about a child under the age of 13 you hereby represent that you are authorized to provide such information.
Third Party Websites
If you have questions regarding this Policy or our use of the information collected through the Service, or if you are experiencing any problems with the Service, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please provide a full question or problem description in the e-mail.
Effective: October 2016