Bright by Text is a 501c(3) working with over 100 partners in all 50 states that support more than 85,000 caregivers on their parenting journey. Our goal is to make the most of everyday interactions between parent and child through nudges via text. Our service delivers actionable information from trusted early childhood experts to parents and caregivers of young children — from prenatal to age eight — to support healthy child development and build strong, resilient families. Available in English and Spanish, our developmental tips are delivered based on the due date or age of each child, and community organizations share information about local resources and events.
Our team is passionate about our mission and driving change. We approach our work with an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, and an optimistic outlook.
Looking for a social media savvy self-starter (with experience in FB, Instagram & TikTok) who can help us grow our social media following, increase engagement, and help promote Bright by Text.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
- Conduct research on early childhood development and write/prepare content for all social media posts.
- Work with graphic designer to ensure posts are up in a timely manner.
- Schedule all social media posts in Zoho content management system and post on “story,” “highlights” and “post.”
- Represent BBT on all social media platforms by posting, commenting and sharing to increase engagement and gain followers.
- Use polling on Instagram and Facebook to gain insights from followers.
- Integrate Instagram stories and Facebook lives with games and polls.
- Identify parent-facing FB groups for posting, partnership and collaboration.
- Follow best practice guidelines on when to post and which hashtags to use to expand reach to potential followers.
- Develop new strategies to support social media growth.
- Implement the use of various new platforms (i.e. Clubhouse, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong copy-editing abilities
- Familiarity with early childhood education topics relevant to parents of children 0-8
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Flexible in tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and social abilities
- Ability to spot emerging trends
- Familiarity with social media, social networking, and search engines
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Previous experience working with marketing strategy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram Twitter, LinkedIn )
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
We are looking for strong applicants who are passionate about early childhood education and development. This position provides quality exposure to the nonprofit management world. If interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Bright by Text is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.